TICKNALL'S VILLAGE WATER SUPPLY
This standpipe at the roadside in Ticknall village dates from 1914 when Sir Harpur Crewe of nearby Calke abbey installed them in what was then an estate village.
It is made of cast iron and the small handle was used to pump water from the lion's mouth.
Piped water was introduced to the village in the 1950s .
copyright © Derbyshire Heritage