Founded 1640 and erected shortly afterwards. Has much the same characteristics
as Pegg's Almshouses. Single storey and attics, the attic storey with 3
gabled dormers added 1848. 5 windows, 3 centre ones have coupled lights with
mullions. 4-centred arches 2 of which are surmounted by panels bearing Latin
inscriptions. Clustered stone stacks. Tiled roof with alternating double courses
of curved and plain tiles. Coped gabled ends. they were enlarged with a second story added in 1848 with the addition of a second storey. There were originally 8 dwellings for poor widows and widowers who had a weekly allowance of 2s6d at the bequest of Roger Owlfield. In 1986, further substantial restoration was carried out and pairs of cottages were turned into one.