DERBYSHIRE HERITAGE Derbyshire Peak District - higger-tor
 

Hopton Hospital
Hopton Hospital Hopton Hospital plaque

the plaque states -

This HOSPITAL was begun 1719 by PHILIP GELL in his lifetime and by him endowed for the use of two poor MEN and two poor WOMEN of HOPTON and CARSON. Finished by his EXECUTORS. And inhabited Sept 1722.

copyright © Derbyshire Heritage
site map
links